Saturday, April 30, 2016

‘Bathroom bills’ focus on the trans community but could affect another group more

I can relate to this. I can't speak to how common this may or may not be for males who present as non-gender or in a more "feminine" manner, but as a heterosexual, cis-gender female who chooses to never wear skirts, dresses, heels, makeup, or the color pink, I have experienced people calling me sir or mistaking me for male. I used to be told that if I wanted to be treated as female I should act more female. So I guess dating/marrying only men, having periods and boobs, and giving birth aren't enough to qualify me? I stand with ALL people who are told by other people how they should view or express their gender.
from Facebook http://wpo.st/RlWX1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment