Monday, November 16, 2015

Showing Up: The Single Most Important Thing A Friend Can Do

We are too far apart to "show up" for most of the events in each other's lives, but my BFF Smitty (Christina Smith Rodek) has never failed to "show up" at those times when I needed her most. She was with me when I got my first tattoo and through my divorce from my first husband. She spent ALL DAY with me at the funeral home for my Dad's wake and came back with the kids for his funeral. And again when my Mom passed, including a day at my sister's in Mom's last days, even helping us take care of Mom. I have many, many friends. But none is as close to me as this one, or has gone to such lengths to support me in the toughest of times. We have had thousands of belly laughs together, as well. Thank you, Smitty.
from Facebook http://ift.tt/1X3HwJG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment