Sunday, November 6, 2016

What I Really Want to Ask at All Those Parent-Teacher Conferences

Very soon, I will once again sit on both sides of that table, at different times in the same week. I've been happy, for the most part, with how these go when I'm in the parent chair. I get the sense that my son's teachers like him as a person and that he is respectful to them and enjoys the time they spend together, regardless of his grades. I hope the parents who come see me as their child's teacher or advisor get the sense that I really enjoy their kids and see great things in each one of them. It can feel like a stressful part of the job (both as educator and parent), but it is also one of the most enjoyable (when it goes well).
from Facebook http://ift.tt/2fSqkfZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment