Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Why are white people scared of black people's rage at Michael Brown's death? | Rebecca Carroll

This is EXTREMELY well-said. And she is absolutely right. White people (like me) don't know what to do. But doing nothing is not an option. Whatever you're waiting to find out after the dust finally settles in Ferguson, you don't need to wait any longer than the past 400 years to know that black people are treated differently, mistrusted, and viewed with fear by white people. Don't tell me "they bring it on themselves." That's a load of crap and it's time to stop hiding behind that. If my feeble attempts to support our brothers and sister of color offend you, please feel free to sever our ties on Facebook and anywhere else you want. I don't hate cops. I hate injustice. It just makes me angrier when it happens at the hands of our peace officers and government officials.

from Facebook http://ift.tt/1pLGVPJ

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment